Fix an exception An unknown software emergency situation (0x40000015) has occurred in the application: Error 0x40000015 is a pop-up error message that occurs when switching on the computer. This error message appears after logging on to Windows 10. Error code 0x40000015 means that the application gives an unprocessed runtime exception when it stops working. The error is now due to the fact that the Windows system files were somehow corrupted, and this exception at run time. A complete error message:
An unknown software exceptional situation (0x40000015) occurred in the application at 0x004423ee.
Check if there is a problem in safe mode. If safe mode is working correctly, put your computer in a clean start state to check for software conflicts.
How to start your computer in safe mode
- Click on Windows → Power.
- Hold down the Shift key and press “Reboot”.
- Click the “Troubleshooting” option, then click “Advanced Options”.
- Go to “Advanced Options” and click “Launch Options”.
- In the Launch Options section, click “Restart”.
- Various launch options are displayed.
- The corresponding options for loading in safe mode – numbers 4, 5 or 6.
- Choose an option by pressing one of the numbers or the function keys F4, F5 or F6.
Switch on the safe mode
In this mode, the operating system runs with the minimum number of installed drivers and only the most important Windows features are used.
Enable Safe Mode with Network Drivers Loading
Network drivers are also run in this mode.
Enable safe mode using the command line
In this mode, the operating system is launched in text mode. This mode requires knowledge of computer management, so it is more suitable for professional users.
Windows 10 will run in safe mode.
Set the computer to ‘Clean boot’ state.
- Log in as an administrator. If you do not have an administrator account, you can create one. Create a local user or an administrator account in Windows 10.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.
- In the Services tab of the System Configuration section, select Hide all Microsoft services and then select Disable all.
- On the Autoload tab of the System Configuration program, select Open Task Manager.
- In the “Autoload” section of the Task Manager, select an element for each autoload element and then select “Disable”.
- Close the task manager.
- On the “Main” tab of the system setup program, click “OK”. When you reboot your computer, it is in a clean boot environment.
Use the .NET Framework recovery tool
If you are running Windows 7 or older, use the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to fix platform corruption. This tool supports .NET Framework 4.6.1, 4.6, 4.5.2, 4.5.1, 4.5, 4.0 and 3.5 SP1.
Run a system file check
Exception of unknown program exception (0x40000015)
System file check is a command-line tool that can be used to recover damaged files protected by the system. If damaged files, folders or registry keys are detected, protected files can be recovered from the cached version. To launch this tool, you need to open a command line with administrator rights and run this command.
sfc / scannow
You may need to reboot your computer after the scan is complete.
Reinstall the .NET Framework
Re-installing the .NET Framework can eliminate the error of an unknown program exception (0xe0434352). Here are the steps to remove and install the .NET Framework from your computer.
The steps to uninstall the .NET Framework from your computer-
- Press the Windows + R keys and type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Then press “OK”.
The “Program and functions” will be opened.
3 Find the “.NET Framework” in the list of programs. Double-click on it. Click on “Delete”.
- Wait until the deletion process is complete. Reboot the computer.
- Press the Windows + R keys, enter “C: \ Windows \” and press Enter. This will open the Windows folder on drive C:
- Find the Assembly folder and right-click it. Click “Rename” and rename it to “Assembly1”.
- 7. Find the Microsoft.NET folder in the same way, right-click it, select “Rename” and type Microsoft.NET1. Close the Windows folder.
- To open the launch window, simply press the Windows + R keys and type “regedit”. Press the Enter key.
- Now press “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”, then “SOFTWARE”, then “Microsoft”.
- right click on “.NET Framework” and select “Delete”.
- Reboot the computer.
Uninstall unnecessary programs
Some programs have delayed startup and may cause 0x40000015 error a few minutes or hours after startup without specifying the cause of the error. In such cases you need to perform a clean restart by following the steps described here. A clean restart will temporarily disable all secondary programs and help you to determine if any of them are causing the error. If the error does not appear after the restart, it is likely that one of the disabled programs is the cause of the error.
Then the ideal solution would be to activate the programs one after the other, reboot the device after each change and check if there is an error that should indicate the main cause of the problem. If the error persists even after a clean boot, the most probable cause of the error is an irreparable damage to the operating system. In this case it should be reinstalled.